I hope you meant "towhead," b/c this is giving me a very weird mental image! My cousin Lisa is a brown-eyed blonde, although her hair is darker now that she's older.
OMFG. You realize, of course, that I feel about toes something like the way you feel about pigeons. I will now stay up all night to avoid FEET NIGHTMARES.
After today I am ready to shave my head. Winter + hats + hair = UGLY.
Thanks! I'm pleased with how it turned out, although the haircut took a little getting used to. I didn't take a pic of the back, but it's cut way up and very short.
They are ALL totally real excuses. The last one almost made me puke in my trashcan right then and there . . . I think I used an entire can of Lysol afterward :&
Love the hair-you definitely can go that blonde with your complexion and eyes. Um. Am guessing all the excuses are real? I am doing a paper on traumatic brain injury and I am convinced that some of these folk have micro-injuries from shaken baby, maybe abuse, risk -taking or fights. or that couldn't be identified with the medical technology available when I/we/they were kids. Like children living in poverty could have even accessed that, lol.
And when you add that to a brain that's vulnerable from drug and alcohol exposure + poor nutrition why are we all SO surprised that we come up with some pretty bizarre stuff? If you think I sound bitter, it because I am. Sometimes.
I'm a natural blonde, although not nearly this light anymore. It started going darker blonde when I was in my early 20s.
Yup, all those excuses are real.
I totally agree with you -- so many things factor into individual dysfunction. That's why I kind of shake my head at people who subscribe solely to the bootstraps mantra. Yeah, there are people who can overcome their dysfunction simply by making better choices, but try telling that to a kid with FAS who doesn't get enough to eat and whose parents beat the shit out of them. Bleh.
Aww, thank you Freyja ♥ I am really starting to feel well again, and a little bit pretty, too :D
I've had body image problems for years. Funny, back when I weighed a very normal 145, I felt like I was as big and fat as I was at my highest weight right before the surgery. Losing weight as quickly as I am, it has completely put into perspective for me how skewed my body image is. I will never again believe I am as big as 300 pounds when I really weigh 150 or so.
no subject
Date: 2008-02-06 04:54 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-06 05:00 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-06 05:02 am (UTC)I wish I could go v.v. blonde. Alas, brown eyes give me away. :P
I hope ALL of those excuses are real.
no subject
Date: 2008-02-06 05:05 am (UTC)I had a friend in high school who was a toe-head blonde and she had the darkest brown eyes. It was very striking!
Dude, they totally are. All of them.
no subject
Date: 2008-02-06 01:09 pm (UTC)Very cute! Very!
no subject
Date: 2008-02-07 01:15 am (UTC)Thank you!
no subject
Date: 2008-02-07 02:33 am (UTC)After today I am ready to shave my head. Winter + hats + hair = UGLY.
no subject
Date: 2008-02-06 05:03 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-06 05:07 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-06 05:28 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-07 01:01 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-06 05:33 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-07 01:01 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-07 05:57 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-07 04:44 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-06 05:53 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-07 01:02 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-06 07:46 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-07 01:05 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-06 08:51 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-07 01:05 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-06 11:36 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-07 01:06 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-06 03:42 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-07 01:07 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-06 04:40 pm (UTC)Um. Am guessing all the excuses are real?
I am doing a paper on traumatic brain injury and I am convinced that some of these folk have micro-injuries from shaken baby, maybe abuse, risk -taking or fights. or that couldn't be identified with the medical technology available when I/we/they were kids. Like children living in poverty could have even accessed that, lol.
And when you add that to a brain that's vulnerable from drug and alcohol exposure + poor nutrition why are we all SO surprised that we come up with some pretty bizarre
stuff? If you think I sound bitter, it because I am. Sometimes.
no subject
Date: 2008-02-07 01:09 am (UTC)Yup, all those excuses are real.
I totally agree with you -- so many things factor into individual dysfunction. That's why I kind of shake my head at people who subscribe solely to the bootstraps mantra. Yeah, there are people who can overcome their dysfunction simply by making better choices, but try telling that to a kid with FAS who doesn't get enough to eat and whose parents beat the shit out of them. Bleh.
no subject
Date: 2008-02-06 06:20 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-07 01:10 am (UTC)Some days I still feel so young still. I can't believe I'm as old as I am!
no subject
Date: 2008-02-06 07:30 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-07 01:12 am (UTC)I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!
no subject
Date: 2008-02-06 10:55 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-07 01:12 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-07 03:29 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-02-10 04:17 pm (UTC)Yeah yeah hair whatever
Date: 2008-02-10 04:32 am (UTC)Hair could have something to do with it but your eyes and face are just beautiful.
Re: Yeah yeah hair whatever
Date: 2008-02-10 04:15 pm (UTC)I've had body image problems for years. Funny, back when I weighed a very normal 145, I felt like I was as big and fat as I was at my highest weight right before the surgery. Losing weight as quickly as I am, it has completely put into perspective for me how skewed my body image is. I will never again believe I am as big as 300 pounds when I really weigh 150 or so.
Re: Yeah yeah hair whatever
Date: 2008-02-10 04:47 pm (UTC)And you have always been very pretty.